Partnership and Business Development Manager – Calgary and Southern Alberta
We are looking for a dynamic Partnership and Business Development Manager to help fulfill CKUA’s vision to inspire and connect people through the power of music, arts, culture and story. This is a great opportunity for a lover of all things music, arts, entertainment and Alberta.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Business development and partnerships
- Use your experience and connections to contribute to CKUA’s revenue goals by securing support through arts and culture partnerships, corporate community investments, and sponsorships for CKUA.
- Consistently fill the business pipeline by identifying and researching prospects and creating partner opportunities.
- Participate in our two all-hands-on-deck annual fundraising campaigns and other company-wide initiatives by helping to secure in-kind donations and prizing.
- Be active in the community to develop partnerships with corporate clients and music arts and culture organizations.
- Collaborate with CKUA team members to assist in the delivery of contractual partnership elements and activation
WHO YOU ARE
- A lover of all things music, arts and culture who wants to be an active part of the Calgary and Southern Alberta scene.
- High energy professional with a can-do attitude
- Great at coming up with the triple win – opportunities that excite partners, engage audiences, and add value to CKUA’s creative and financial objectives.
- Creative, insightful and excited by the work you do, the organization you proudly represent, and the values we share.
- A relationship-focused sales professional who is excited at the prospect of being part of an organization committed to evolution and growth.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years’ experience in a partnership / sales role (experience working in radio or media sales is a definite bonus).
- Post-secondary education in the arts, communications, marketing or hospitality. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- A can-do mindset, a high degree of creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit who can work independently and collaborate as part of a team. (this position requires a home-based office and travel within the province)
- You are a great communicator, natural relationship builder; you love music, like to have fun and get exticed about delivering results.
- You have good computer skills and are proficient with Microsoft office. Experience with Wide Orbit is a plus.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Create maximum value for clients, audiences and CKUA using a variety of on-air, digital, experiential and brand assets.
- Function independently, while conferring and working in close collaboration with the Partnership Team and the greater CKUA team.
- Oversee initiatives from inception to completion.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- The opportunity to build partnerships and progress the CKUA brand in the Calgary and Southern Alberta marketplace.
- The opportunity to be a member of an independent, community-funded organization deeply rooted in our province.
- A full-time role surrounded by lovers of music, arts and culture, and a handsome benefits package and compensation plan with a base salary and uncapped performance based bonus and incentiv
With music as a primary focus, CKUA showcases the best in culture, connecting our audience to important music, arts and culture communities, both local and global. We offer access to a unique, diverse, high-quality selection of music and artists – the world’s best playlist, curated in Alberta – enriched with informed and illuminating information. Radio is our core format and product, part of a growing variety of engagement channels for audiences and stakeholders in a digital world. Our 91 years of history in supporting the arts means we hold a unique position to become a hub for Alberta’s music, arts and culture community.
Forever inspire and connect people through the power of music, arts, culture and story.
CKUA, your hub, connecting you to music, arts and culture.
CKUA is guided by and committed to:
- Fostering a sense of place and belonging
- Diversity and respect
- Creativity and discovery
- Individuality and authenticity
- Relevance and sustainability
Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CKUA!