THE CKUA Radio Foundation
Position Description – Account Manager
Date: April 17, 2017
Position Title: Account Manager, Full time
Hours of Work: 40 Hours per week. Some travel may be required.
The Account Manager is responsible for contributing to the overall sales objectives for CKUA. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Manager will service and develop business throughout the Greater Calgary Area with both new and existing clients in order to optimize opportunities for growth.
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales activity goals by utilizing sound selling approaches.
- Closes prospective customers using working knowledge of the CKUA product offering and identifies opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell existing customers.
- Maintains accurate customer profile records.
- Handles sales inquiries, including questions about product and pricing, customer relations and complaints
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction in all sales transactions.
- Ability to multi-task and to solve customer problems, take orders and answer inquiries while completing other assigned tasks.
- Required to pay close attention to details, reviewing, adding, or deleting comments necessary to process the order, sending acknowledgments with notification of order changes or per customer request.
- Work with other departments as needed to resolve customer inquiries. E.g. Accounts Receivable Department on customer payment discrepancies.
- Under the direction of the Sales Manager, prospect for new opportunities and help drive new business.
- Perform other sales related job duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Level of education equivalent to graduation from community college, preferably with emphasis on business or marketing.
- Three years of relevant experience that demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of marketing and sales, ideally in the broadcast or media industries.
- Comfortable with initiating first contact with potential clients through cold calling
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical ability and ability to creatively solve problems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications – specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and work extremely well under pressure.
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of CKUA programming requirements; music and current events is an asset.
Reports to the Sales Manager.
Works with Copy, Production and Traffic Departments. Provides support to the Sales Team.
Maintains close working relationship with clients, partners and staff.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies and behaviors in order to successfully meet the requirements of the position and to support the goals and objectives of CKUA Radio.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the CKUA team, to assist and support other staff and to facilitate a team environment through work contributions and the sharing of expertise and knowledge. Ability to demonstrate conduct appropriate to the occasion, when representing CKUA on a formal or informal basis.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with internal and external contacts.
- Superior organization skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize activities to meet deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Please forward resume with cover letter to:
No Phone Calls Please
Closing Date: April 28, 2017