CKUA Radio Network – Sales Consultant
Position title: Account Manager
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, local travel required.
Location: Calgary, AB
Call for Application:
If you are a fan of music and the arts in Alberta, CKUA is the place for you! As the newest member of our sales team, you will use your superior relationship-building skills, inquisitive mind, and collaborative spirit to help businesses achieve their marketing and community investment goals.
Reporting to the Edmonton-based Sales Manager , you will develop and service business opportunities throughout the greater Calgary area on behalf of CKUA. You are a self-starter, and see yourself not just as a sales person but as an ambassador for CKUA who can help grow our presence in Calgary. You have a sales mentality, and thrive on building strong relationships with new and existing clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop a working knowledge of CKUA and its program offerings
- Work collaboratively with other CKUA departments and individuals to identify unique opportunities to partner with Calgary businesses using on-air, digital, in-person and studio assets
- Under the direction of the Sales Manager, prospect for new opportunities and help drive new business in the Calgary area
- Process any in-bound sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities to increase investment from existing clients year over year
- Consistently meet or exceed sales activity goals using sound approaches to selling and negotiation
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and trust in all interactions
- Maintain accurate customer profile records and provide timely reporting
- Work with other departments as needed to resolve customer inquiries, eg Accounts Receivable Department on customer payment discrepancies
- Perform other job duties as assigned, including assisting volunteers from time to time with accessing the studio
- Report to the Sales Manager
- Provide support to the Sales team as needed
- Work collaboratively with Copywriting, Production and Traffic departments
- Maintain close working relationship with clients, as well as staff from all departments
- Post-secondary education, preferably with emphasis on business or marketing
- Three years of relevant experience that demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of sponsorship, marketing and sales
- Experience in broadcast or media industries is an asset, but not essential
- Demonstrated initiative
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to creatively solve problems for clients and colleagues
- Enjoy networking and generating new leads, including contacting potential clients through cold calling
- Ability to multi-task and to solve customer problems, take orders and answer inquiries while completing other assigned tasks
- Ability to prioritize and work extremely well under pressure
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, discretion, diplomacy, and a commitment to CKUA’s mission
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Have a valid class-5 driver’s license and vehicle
Headquartered in Edmonton, CKUA is Alberta’s cultural network that celebrates music, engages communities and makes life worth listening.
As a charitable not-for-profit with an annual operating budget of over $5 million, CKUA currently serves over 250,000 weekly listeners from across the province and around the world through ckua.com. CKUA opened its Calgary studio, located in the National Music Centre, in the fall of 2016.
Support from businesses with strong local and provincial ties, comes in the form of underwriting, sponsorship, and ad sales that conform to CKUA’s uniquely curated sound.
Please submit your resume to Don Barnes, Sales Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org – by Friday, September 29th.
While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CKUA!