Sponsorship and Sales Manager – Edmonton
We are looking for a dynamic Sponsorship and Sales Manager to help fulfill CKUA’s vision to inspire and connect people through the power of music, arts, culture and story. This is a rare opportunity for a lover of all things music, arts, entertainment and Alberta.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Business engagement and partnerships
- Use your experience and connections to contribute to CKUA’s revenue goals by securing support through business partnerships, corporate community investments, and advertising sales for CKUA.
- Develop a sales strategy and plan with your department that is in line with CKUA’s organizational objectives.
- Consistently fill the business pipeline by identifying and researching prospects and creating sponsorship opportunities for each – focusing primarily on five –to – six-figure
- Participate in our two all-hands-on-deck annual fundraising campaigns and other company-wide initiatives by helping to secure in-kind donations and sponsorships.
- Work with each department to identify, initiate and grow sustainable client relationships.
- Help define and establish a portfolio of sponsorship properties and their values in partnership with colleagues and other internal departments.
- Collaborate with CKUA team members to assist in the delivery of contractual partnership elements and activation
- Lead a sales and sponsorship team of three (Calgary x 1, Edmonton x 2).
- Work with other departments to create and document proper sales tools, systems and processes.
- Build the components of a successful sponsorship program.
- Advise the greater CKUA team on best practices, positioning and activation strategies as part of our role in sponsoring festivals and community groups (festival and community partnerships form the most significant component of our community relations and marketing efforts).
WHO YOU ARE
- Great at coming up with the triple win – opportunities that excite partners, engage audiences, and add value to CKUA’s creative and financial objectives.
- Creative, insightful and excited by the work you do, the organization you proudly represent, and the values we share.
- A relationship-focused leader energized at the prospect of being part of an organization committed to evolution and growth.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years’ experience in a sponsorship sales role (experience working in radio is not necessary).
- An entrepreneurial, can-do mindset that inspires others and contributes to a culture of teamwork and success.
- A strategic mind, exceptional communication skills and strong business acumen.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Create maximum value for clients, audiences and CKUA using a variety of on-air, digital, experiential and brand assets.
- Function independently, without losing sight of the team.
- Oversee initiatives from inception to completion.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- The opportunity to do something CKUA has never done before – build a sponsorship program to add value to our on-air sales program.
- The opportunity to be a member of an independent, community-funded organization deeply rooted in our province.
- A full-time role surrounded by lovers of music, arts and culture, and a handsome benefits package
With music as a primary focus, CKUA showcases the best in culture, connecting our audience to important music, arts and culture communities, both local and global. We offer access to a unique, diverse, high-quality selection of music and artists – the world’s best playlist, curated in Alberta – enriched with informed and illuminating information. Radio is our core format and product, part of a growing variety of engagement channels for audiences and stakeholders in a digital world. Our 91 years of history in supporting the arts means we hold a unique position to become a hub for Alberta’s music, arts and culture community.
Forever inspire and connect people through the power of music, arts, culture and story.
CKUA, your hub, connecting you to music, arts and culture.
CKUA is guided by and committed to:
- Fostering a sense of place and belonging
- Diversity and respect
- Creativity and discovery
- Individuality and authenticity
- Relevance and sustainability
To apply please send your resume and cover letter BY NOVEMBER 19th, 2018 to: JoinTheTeam@ckua.com