1. How do I find out the name of a song that was played on a CKUA program?
2. Can I listen to CKUA through iTunes?
Yes! Select Radio in your iTunes library, and find CKUA in the ‘Eclectic’ file.
3. How do I listen to CKUA on my SmartPhone?
Go online and search for ‘Listen to CKUA on Android/iPhone/Blackberry’ etc, and you’ll find applications for your platforms. Many people find TuneIn a good application to use.
4. I’m using a network receiver – what is the direct URL to link to?
High quality AAC+ stream:
MP3 stream if the above one does not work:
5. Why don’t you link the playlists to iTunes?
iTunes requires digital data such as artist, song title, album, etc. Because not all the music we play on CKUA is digital, we don’t have the necessary digital data. We may be linked to iTunes sometime in the future.
6. Why doesn’t CKUA offer all its programs on demand?
To make our music programs available on demand, we would have to purchase the music rights or make other financial arrangements with the copyright owners, which is prohibitively expensive. However, we do offer selected on-demand content when it is spoken-word or recorded at CKUA. Check our home page under ‘Recommended’, and our Sessions and Interviews page.
7. Which shows are available on demand?
Interviews and live performances are available on our Sessions and Interviews page.
We also offer the following programs/features:
8. How many fundraisers do you have each year? How long do they last?
We have two fundraisers in April and October, which usually run for 10 days.
9. Why doesn’t CKUA broadcast on the same FM frequency (e.g. 97.3, 97.5) throughout the province?
A CRTC ruling, originally intended to prevent transmitter conflicts between competitors, led to the abundance of frequencies on which CKUA is carried across the province.
10. How do I email an announcer or staff member?
Every CKUA staff member’s email address is written as firstinitiallastname(at)ckua.com. See our Directory of Staff for their full names.
11. How do we get our community event mentioned on CKUA?
For free listings, submit your event to our Online Events Calendar.
For on-air sponsorship agreements, please contact our Sales Department for rate sheets.
12. How do I advertise on CKUA?
To find out about CKUA’s advertising rates and package, please contact Don Barnes, Sales Manager, 780-428-2009 or Mandy Palubicki, Account Manager, 780-428-2016.
13. How do I apply for a job at CKUA?
Whenever we have a job opening at CKUA, we’ll post it on our home page and invite people to send us their resumes. If there’s no job posting on the home page, we do not have any openings.
14. Do you accept music submissions?
Yes! Please send a copy of your CD to our library (see Music Submissions).
15. Where do I go to increase my monthly donation or change my credit card number and other personal details?
Call our Fund Development Office at 1-800-494-2582. Email is generally an unsecure channel and not recommended for sending sensitive information.
Don’t see your question answered? Contact us and we’d be happy to help!